Saturday 18 January 2014

Show us your stuff Jan 2014!!

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! With the festive season and my day job consuming my love, my scrapping and blogging has really taken a very far back seat.

But I did squeeze in this layout For my Example page for January Show us your Stuff.

This year we have a lovely new owner- Vicki Burdon. And a new DT team- some returning and some new members. Please check them all out here and here.

The challenge this month is as always to include a handmade item on your page and to be inspired by this new years mood board .




 Our fabulous prize sponsor this month is Charm's Creations





My page  is based on a class from Pop and Colours workshop 1, and the class is by Gaelle Ly


See my other pop and colours pages here, here and here.


My handmade embellies on this page are by Burdy's Handmade embellies and Rainbow Splendour.

From the mood board I took inspiration from the party theme, the photo is of me and a best buddy at our Christmas party (I'm DK, on the right), the bling and the progression from 2013-2014. My journalling reflects on the fun my friend and I had in 2013.



























Products used:

American crafts cardstock
corrugated metallic cardstock
Prima template and resin flower
Jillibean soup alphas
Studio calico wood veneer stars
Tattered angel glimmer mist
Motex tape writter
Burdy's handmade embellies button
Rainbow splendour butterfly
D-lish scraps washi tapes, sequin heart, chevron bag and arrow journal bit
Equip earrings
Monte Marte water soluble oil pastels 
Kaiser stamp
Rhinestone sticker heart
Irridescent medium
Gesso
Texture paste
Acrylic paints
Versamark ink
Mirror tiles
Helmer's scrap dots


TFL
Sarah x



5 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The run of bling & washi down the side is yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous background, and I so agree with Lizzy--that bling and washi is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really beautiful (and I didnt know about Vicki now running the site! - well done Vicki)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this page, the colour, design, and minimal embellishments all work so well together.
    btw thanks heaps for the blog love
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, thanks so much for popping in at my blog and for your kind comment on my layout. Your layout is amazing - love the texture and the colour background is just magic.

    ReplyDelete