Thursday 31 January 2013

Crystal diva/ My challenge and tutorial

Happy february to you all!

I have a new challenge up at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia.

Well after a recent class with the amazing Lou Nelson I was inspired to mix up my style a bit.
Lou plays with mists and watered down gesso a lot. See her work here: http://louise-justloolabelle.blogspot.com.au

Since her class I have been watering down my paints and allowing them to drip run over my page.

For my challenge I would like you to give this drip/run technique a go.

You can use watered down paints like I do or traditional mists.

Here is my example layout 






To take part in my challenge head here: 
http://scrapbookingtop50.forumotion.net/t4917-sarah-s-feb-2013-technique-challenge



Click here to see the full detailed tutorial with photos and extra tips i have made  I have also included some of my other recent layouts using this technique. I hope they inspire you Very Happy 




Products used:

Kaiser patterned paper
Kaiser card stock
Prima flower and twister
Manor house creations flower
Sassafras alphas
Tim Holtz memory frame
Grace Taylor rhinestone sticker
Butterfly punch
Craft wire
Equip hair clip
Acrylic paints
3d foam tape
Helmer's scrap dots

TFL
Sarah x

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Totally awesome page Sarah! Love it!
    Great journalling too. Made me smile. Hope you have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally rockin! I love it!!! What a fab moment too - AWESOME LAYOUT!!!!

    ReplyDelete